The C.A.N Report “The top 5 challenges facing rescuers today” in Auto Extrication, with Randy Schmitz
Live Thursday, June 30, 2011 at 9pm EST
THE C.A.N Report - : Auto Extrication, with Internationally recognized leader in all aspects of the discipline, Randy Schmitz.
We will be speaking with Randy candidly on the topic of the challenges that face rescuers in auto extrication, how to prepare for the the era of autos on the road.
Biography: Randy Schmitz
- Involved extensively in the extrication field for 19 years.
- Firefighter/Extrication Instructor with the Calgary Fire Dept.
- Competed in all levels of competition including Regional, International and World Challenges.
- Educational Chairmen for “Transport Emergency Rescue Committee” in Canada.
- Chairmen For the “Alberta Vehicle Extrication Association”
- T.E.R.C International Extrication Judge for Canada, USA, U.K.
- Instructor of Extrication courses across Canada and the U.S.A.
- Writes extrication related training articles for Canadian Firefighter, Firefighting in Canada, Fire Engineering and FS-World (UK)
- Supplies technical information and photos for “Crash Recovery System” a software extrication guide that enables rescuers to work safer and quicker during extrication of accident victims from today’s modern vehicles.
- Tester and evaluator for manufactured prototype products for extrication equipment.
- Designed the extrication glove “Schmitz Mitts”
- Filmed “Hybrid Extrication” for Discovery Channel Network
- Chairman for the 2010 North American Vehicle Rescue Challenge
- Instructor and course developer for Big Rig H.O.T. Symposium
Teaches new vehicle technology programs, 7 step hybrid vehicle response procedures and Large Vehicle extrication programs to the fire service. Randy can be reached at email@example.com