Firefighters Watch as House Burns – Live tonight at 9pm EST on Firefighter Netcast
Join John and Rhett tonight on Firefighter Netcast as we discuss the dilemma in South Fulton and Obion County, Tennessee.
Or you can call 347-327-9920 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 347-327-9920 end_of_the_skype_highlighting to listen in live. Press 1 when you call in to talk with us live as well.
Be sure to register on Blog Talk Radio (free) so you can join in the live chatroom discussion as well!
Summary of incident: South Fulton Firefighters let a house burn because the owner did not pay the $75 subscription fee. The City of South Fulton offers fire protection in parts of Obion County. Obion County does not have its own fire department.
More links to the story:
- South Fulton Fire Department - official page
- No pay, no spray: Firefighters let home burn - MSNBC
- Tennessee Firefighters Let Home Burn Over Subscription Issue – Firefighter Nation With plenty of comments!
- A better (but not good) answer to the Tennessee pay to spray fiasco. Plus, Dave becomes a critic of The Fire Critic. – Statter 911
- IAFF Condemns Tennessee House Fire Policy- IAFF
- Watch it Burn – Firefighter/Paramedic Stories
- They all acted Stupidly – The Fire PIO
- South Fulton Fire Department – You Pay or We Don’t Play! – Firefighter Blog
- I am outraged that I cannot drink your milkshake! – No Ambition But One
- If You’re a Tennessee Fire Department, Is It Still Extortion? – First Aid Blog
- Can’t or Won’t? The South Fulton Fire – The Happy Medic
- Pay to Play? No Way. – EMS in the New Decade
- In Defense of Obion County Fire Department - Rogue Medic